Tuesday 10 July 2012



The Verdict 

{December 8, 1982}



Bishop: 
What is the truth?

Frank Galvin:
That poor girl put her trust
into the hands of two men
who took her life.
She’s in a coma. Her life is gone.
She has no home or family.
She’s tied to a machine.
She has no friends.
And the people who should care for her:  
her doctors  - and you and me -  
have been bought off
to look the other way

- we’ve been paid
to look the other way.

I came here to take your money…
brought snap-shots…
[holds up Polaroids]

...to show you so I could get your money.
I can’t do it, I can’t take it.
‘Cause if I take the money
I’m lost.

I’ll just be a rich --- ambulance chaser.
I can’t do it, I can’t take it.

Young Priest / Archdiocesan Goon:
You’re here to discuss money, Mr. Galvin? 
How’s your law practice?

Galvin:
Not too good…

[drops Polaroids into his briefcase]

…I only got the one client.









==========================================

John 18:38...

Pilate saith unto him, What is truth?

And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews,

and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.


===============================










No comments:

Post a Comment